Monday, November 22, 2010

Mike's Back

Aaaaand I’m back....After months of recovery and physical therapy I finally got cleared to ride the track! The past five and half months since my surgery have flown by and I headed out to my local track to see how it felt to be back in action. I have to admit I haven’t been that nervous in a long time, not because I haven’t ridden in a while, but because it was the first time I was going to truly feel and experience what riding would be like after surgery. I had a great warm up and began to feel really comfortable after a few laps, and I have to say it didn’t feel all that bad! While I could still feel where my injury had happened it felt 10 times better than some of the practice sessions I had right before deciding to get fixed. I rode for 45 minutes and words can’t explain how pumped I was to be back doing what I love… I honestly could have ridden the whole day. I only had a few dead sailors and thankfully no cases…baby steps! To be honest I didn’t really get off the ground much but WOW! what a great feeling to be back on track! I have teamed up with Clay Porter for a project we are working on and he caught all of this on tape. Stay tuned for details on my collaboration with Clay as I am really excited about it and I think you will be too!

I also had the opportunity to do a photo shoot for Leatt Brace and to promote my signature brace out now (see photo of the ad'). It is cool to be supported by a company like Leatt who is so committed to the safety of athletes.

I will be at the Grands this year and hopefully the last time watching as I hope to get back to racing in Reno. I plan on practice Thursday and just hanging out the rest of the weekend. This will be my 17th trip to Oklahoma for thanksgiving. Pretty crazy.

Mike Day

No comments: