Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tyler at AT's Showdown and His New Sponsor

On Satuday there was a contest at the Cow Palace in San Francisco called AT's Showdown. It was a head to head format with an hour qualifying jam beforehand to determine seeding for the finals. There were about 25 or so riders and that got whittled down to 16 riders. From there it was like dual slalom where the 1st place qualifier does one run against the 16th place qualifier and so on til it's down to 2. There were 4 judges that determined who would advance and who would be sitting on the sidelines.

The course was biggg and definitely suited my style. I felt real good during the qualifying jam and when the results came up, I was in 1st!! I was feeling pretty confident and made it to the round of 8 easily. Then I was matched up with Jamie Goldman who was the 8th place qualifier.

He threw down one of the best runs of the day and ended up knockin me out of the game. I was pretty bummed and wished that I had strategized my run a little better to beat his but it was all good, he deserved it and later went on to get 2nd place. My brother Cam won and I was super pumped for him. I ended up in 5th and was happy with that, but have higher hopes for the next contest I do. Check out some pics that I attached from the contest...the jumps were huge!

In other news, I recently signed with X Fusion and there was a press release that came out about it the other day. I shot with local photographer Justin Brantley and we worked hard for two long days of shooting to get the shots. I'm super happy with how it turned out and I'm also very happy to be working with X Fusion for 2010! Here's a link to the press release:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tyler-mccaul-x-fusion-2009.html

-Tyler
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Video of Andrew Taylor's Mountain Bike Dirt Jump Showdown at the Cow Palace

Also featuring Brian Miller, Cam McCaul, Christian Wright, Eric Lawrenuk, Geoff Gulevich, Greg Watts, Jack Fogal, Jacob Hyde, Jamie Goldman, Jordie Lunn, kevin Sorichette, Logan Peat, Mike Montgomery, Mitch Chubey, Paul Basagoitia, Ryan Howard, and Tyler McCaul!

Filmed in High Def!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6iN8FvFp4