Saturday, August 29, 2009

We're Off to F-Shafen

Once again, the time has come where the GT peeps head across the pond to the land of schnitzel, leiderhosen and dark beer for the annual pilgrimage otherwise known as Eurobike.

Now most of my USA homies have probably heard of Interbike, that other cycling industry annual pilgrimage to a land of things a little more "adult". Eurobike is not this show. Eurobike is definitely more relaxing. But it's also more exciting. Aside from manufacturer's private shows for dealers, Eurobike is arguably the first opportunity that we in the bike industry have to show off our 2010 stuff to the masses. And when I say masses, I mean it.

Cycling in Europe is en entirely different being. It's a way of life. It's a mindset. It's kind of what NASCAR is here in the states, mixed with what football (aka: soccer to most of us) is in Spain. And when the biggest cycling trade show in the world opens its doors to the general public on the last day, it's INSANE. Fortunately, I'm in focus groups on that day. Otherwise I'd be butts to nuts with every other bike geek in Europe (and yes, I fall into the bike geek category).

At any rate, Eurobike 2009 is shaping up to be pretty exciting for GT. We already launched our 2010 lineup to our distributors and dealers, but we have a little surprise in store for them and for the media. Well, in terms of travel it's not little. What is it you may ask? Sorry, PR would be PISSSED at me if I let the cat out of the bag too early. But here's a little teaser.
Don't worry, I'll do my best to provide updates when I'm over there. You can also follow me on Twitter while I'm over there @robbz27. Finally, the new GT website is in its final stages of testing. I'd say by the time we get back from Eurobike http://www.gtbicycles.com/ will have its transformation complete. It's like a cyber version of the Swan.

No comments: